Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, how can I put a password on Photos, or SMS on a Iphone 6s? Thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:33 AM

12 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:43 AM in response to adrmoga

adrmoga wrote:

Yes, but if my friend takes the phone just to see how it looks, to see the menu, bla bla bla... and I dont want him to see my photos or sms.. ?

Anyone who picks up your phone without asking and then who goes through your personal information is not a very good friend. They should be told, in no uncertain terms, to stop doing that.

Treat your phone as you would your wallet and your car keys.

Feb 6, 2016 7:49 AM in response to adrmoga

adrmoga wrote:

🙂) ok, you know what i mean... this is not a solution, blackberry has a solution to this password problem and iOS does not, too bad 😟

It's a solution that works very well for me. I have a passcode on my phone. I only unlock it for people who I can trust not to violate my trust. If an iPhone doesn't meet your needs and you're unwilling to demand trustworthy behavior from your friends, perhaps you should go back to a Blackberry.

Feb 6, 2016 7:58 AM in response to adrmoga

adrmoga wrote:

this isnt a solution either...i have a passcode too but doesnt resolve this problem... if you have a house, and your family comes visit, and you do not want them to enter in the kitchen, you close your hole house or only your kitchen? 😉

I have a lock on my house so that only people I trust are allowed to enter. If I invite guests into my house, I expect that they will not go through my desk or dresser drawers. If they do, they will not be invited back. If I ask them not to go into my bedroom, I expect that they will honor that request even if the door is unlocked.

But, analogies aside, the phone doesn't do what you want. Either deal with it or get a different phone.

Feb 6, 2016 8:00 AM in response to adrmoga

You don't close any of it. You tell them not to go in the kitchen.

There is really no point in arguing the rationale behind this. There is currently no way for you to do this on your iPhone. If you don't trust your friends to not respect your requests, then don't give them your phone to go poking around in.

And using your analogy, closing off the kitchen isn't going to help if you have an untrustworthy family member who is going to find a way to sneak in behind your back, or who is going to go looking in the windows to see what it is you are hiding, now is it?

There is no mechanism to do this at this time.

Sorry,

GB

Feb 6, 2016 8:07 AM in response to adrmoga

adrmoga wrote:

sorry, but i think you dont have a lot of friends..

I think our definition of the word is different. For you, friends include random, untrustworthy people, apparently. For me, they are people who care about me, respect my boundaries, would help me in a crisis and who, if I handed them my phone to make a call, would never, ever consider snooping in my messages. When you become an adult, you'll understand which kind of friend is more important.

Best of luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.