Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import my videos because my "startup disk is full" even though i have a ton of iCloud storage?

I want to import videos from my camera to my computer and i have done it before, i put my card into the computer and import them through photos. It says that my startup disk is full, even though i still have 49GB of iCloud storage left. What do i do?

MacBook Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 8:10 AM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2016 12:06 PM in response to millieaddy

Click on the Desktop and go to the Finder menu in the toolbar at the top and select Preferences from the Finder menu.

User uploaded file

Next click on all of these checkboxes in the General preference pane:

User uploaded file

Your boot drive will show on the desktop and will be titled Macintosh HD if you haven't renamed it previously.

Get an external HD formatted OS X Extended (journaled) and copy seldom used or needed files to it. Make sure they are safely on the EHD before deleting them from your boot drive.

You should strive to maintain a minimum of 10 GB of free space on your boot drive to insure optimal system and application performance.

User uploaded file

I can't import my videos because my "startup disk is full" even though i have a ton of iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.