Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone unqualified hardware

I brought iphone 6 via CSL (Telecommunication provider in Hong Kong) for my son who studying in Australia in April 2015. He found out a zoom problem of the camera so that he went to apple store in Sydney for requesting repair of camera, but he didn’t repair because of the repairing cost. Unfortunately, the phone was dropped on floor later and leading to the broken of the monitor. Since he is studying in university and far away from Apple store, he bearing this problem and waiting for holiday and come back to Hong Kong.

We bring the iphone 6 to the above apple store (IFC mall, Hong Kong) and asking for repairing service on 5 February 2016. On next day, the report shows that some parts were not qualified and will not repair for us. We would like to complain for that we never repair or opened it outside Apple store. But the staff, Anton Lee, mistrust us. His attitude is very bad to customers too. He insisted that the iphone 6 was repaired/opened by other unqualified repair company, but we didn’t.

We felt very unhappy and surprised that why the new iphone contain an unqualified parts and the way the staff who treat customers.

I brought over 6 pieces of iphones, 1 ipad and 3 macbooks and many Apple products before, we are loyal customers, but now, I have no confidence apple products especially the repairing service in Hong Kong.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 8:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 9:46 AM in response to Eric S C Ho

Eric S C Ho wrote:

I brought iphone 6 via CSL (Telecommunication provider in Hong Kong) for my son who studying in Australia in April 2015. He found out a zoom problem of the camera so that he went to apple store in Sydney for requesting repair of camera, but he didn’t repair because of the repairing cost. Unfortunately, the phone was dropped on floor later and leading to the broken of the monitor. Since he is studying in university and far away from Apple store, he bearing this problem and waiting for holiday and come back to Hong Kong.

We bring the iphone 6 to the above apple store (IFC mall, Hong Kong) and asking for repairing service on 5 February 2016. On next day, the report shows that some parts were not qualified and will not repair for us. We would like to complain for that we never repair or opened it outside Apple store. But the staff, Anton Lee, mistrust us. His attitude is very bad to customers too. He insisted that the iphone 6 was repaired/opened by other unqualified repair company, but we didn’t.

We felt very unhappy and surprised that why the new iphone contain an unqualified parts and the way the staff who treat customers.

I brought over 6 pieces of iphones, 1 ipad and 3 macbooks and many Apple products before, we are loyal customers, but now, I have no confidence apple products especially the repairing service in Hong Kong.

Just because YOU didn't have the device opened or service by anyone other than Apple doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Here are the possibilities:

1) Your son is not being truthful with you. He declined to repair the device because of cost, but then decided to get it serviced. He chose not to tell you this, and is still refusing to admit it.

2) Prior to you purchasing the device, someone else modified it, so when CSL sold it to you as new, they lied (possibly accidentally).

3) Someone other than your son had access to his device and opened it up.

If an Authorized Apple Service Center has determined that the device has been opened by a non-authorized technician, then other than complaining to Apple, then that's the end of the discussion.

Tell me; what, exactly, are you expecting other users (since this is a user-to-user technical support forum) to do for you? You aren't talking to Apple.

Iphone unqualified hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.