Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 228mb "mystery app" on my iPhone

User uploaded fileIn my usage, I see a "mystery app" with 228mb of space. I've rebooted my iPhone, synced with iTunes, and tried to "delete" the app from the Settings menu. Even after a restart, it reappears.

Looking through my apps, I don't see any that appear to be "hanging" from any updates. As I have a 16gb iPhone, I'd sure like this space back!

I am on an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS 9.2.1. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:31 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 9:36 AM in response to The_Electric_Fetus

Can you see the mystery app on one of your home screens? If you do, did you try tapping on it to see if it launches?

IMHO, I still think that is an app that got hung up updating or downloading - or that something went wrong during the course of downloading or updating an app or apps. Try disconnecting from WiFi, force restart the phone and then see if the app disappears, finished downloading, or if it can at least be identified.

Go to Settings>AirPlane Mode>On. Force restart the device. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Go back to Settings>AirPlane Mode>On.

Feb 6, 2016 10:09 AM in response to Demo

I do not see any app icons that show the "Installing" icon that are hung up. I did try your suggestion regarding a hard reset in Airplane Mode. Unfortunately that did not work either.

I had thought that maybe it was some pending podcasts that had stalled out, but episodes have been downloaded.

It's looking like a full restore is in order.

I have 228mb "mystery app" on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.