Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve OS 10.7.2 software I bought a few years ago

The hard drive on my MacBook Pro (2010) has recently had to be replaced. When it was returned to us it was running 10.6.3 OS.

In 2012 we purchased and installed 10.7.2, and this is showing on my list of purchases in iTunes.

How can I download this software again to reinstate it on my MacBook Pro?

Many thanks for any advice and help in resolving this one.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:39 AM

Open the App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase Lion. Click on the Purchases icon in the toolbar. Look for an entry for Lion in the list. You should have a Download button on the right. If you don't see the entry it may be hidden. If so then see: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store.

Forgot to say you need to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 1:39 AM in response to rlish

Open the App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID you used to purchase Lion. Click on the Purchases icon in the toolbar. Look for an entry for Lion in the list. You should have a Download button on the right. If you don't see the entry it may be hidden. If so then see: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store.

Forgot to say you need to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1.

Feb 7, 2016 1:39 AM in response to rlish

Yes, you need to use the App Store application. However, if you still have 10.6.3 installed you will have to update it to 10.6.8 in order to access the App Store and have the application installed on the computer. Download the Snow Leopard updater using the link I posted earlier.

If you do not have the 10.6.3 installer DVD, then be sure you make a backup first just in case.

Feb 7, 2016 1:39 AM in response to Kappy

Kappy - you are a star many thanks. All sorted now. I didn't initally see your link (not displayed in the email alert). I downloaded the upgrade, then accessed the App Store. My purchase was showing, but I skipped that and went straight to the new El Capitain. All installed and running now.

Thanks again.🙂

How can I retrieve OS 10.7.2 software I bought a few years ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.