Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch generation 5 that hasn't been updated for along time. Needing to update for use of iTunes

ipod touch generation 5 that hasn't been updated for along time. Needing to update to get iTunes to work. Software update stating I need to download iOS 9.2.1 but when I do that I am getting a message that the software is not available.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:58 AM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2016 10:42 AM in response to lllaass

Message says 'Software Update Unavailable. Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later.' This message is appearing on my daughter's 5th generation iPod Touch. Do I need to update the version of iTunes on my computer and connect the iPod to the computer? Or is there someway to update the iTunes on the iPod thru WiFi? The iPod Touch is connected to WiFi.

Feb 6, 2016 11:08 AM in response to lllaass

That is where I am trying to get the update from. Settings>General>Software Update> then it shows iOS 9.2.1 Apple Inc Downloaded screen, within the screen there is a link that says 'Install Now', I click on it, Terms and Conditions display, I click Agree, says it is installing but then I get the message as described previously.

Feb 6, 2016 12:36 PM in response to elizabethfrommclean

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

ipod touch generation 5 that hasn't been updated for along time. Needing to update for use of iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.