Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With latest software, voiceover lists "all songs" instead of track name on some tracks - fix?

I have latest generation shuffle and for some reason on some tracks when I press the center button (or the center of earphone control) it doesn't give me the track name but just says, "all songs". Is there something that changed in the software such that it is looking for something in the tracks info that some tracks don't have?

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:49 PM

"All songs" is the name of the built-in playlist with all songs currently on the shuffle. The All Songs playlist is the default playlist. My guess is that you are pressing and holding down the VoiceOver button (for about one second), instead of pressing and immediately releasing (to get the song info). Pressing and holding is how to get VoiceOver to say your playlist menu (the list of playlists synced to shuffle) so that you can choose the one you want to use. If you do not have any playlists synced to your shuffle (only songs), VoiceOver only says "all songs" because that's the built-in playlist.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 3:49 PM in response to Carla Finis

"All songs" is the name of the built-in playlist with all songs currently on the shuffle. The All Songs playlist is the default playlist. My guess is that you are pressing and holding down the VoiceOver button (for about one second), instead of pressing and immediately releasing (to get the song info). Pressing and holding is how to get VoiceOver to say your playlist menu (the list of playlists synced to shuffle) so that you can choose the one you want to use. If you do not have any playlists synced to your shuffle (only songs), VoiceOver only says "all songs" because that's the built-in playlist.

Feb 8, 2016 5:42 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Thanks for your response but I have used iPods for years and this one for several months and am familiar with the timing on the center button as well as the earphone pause/voiceover and this only occurs on a handful of songs so, as I stated, I'm thinking it has to do with the info data on the songs - I haven't had the time yet to do a comparison of songs that work versus those that don't yet. This has only happened on this newer shuffle so I think it's software/firmware related.

Feb 16, 2016 3:46 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

So, when I next went to replace the songs on my shuffle I did get the error about not being able to read/copy from the device and I did a restore. Not sure yet it it resolved the initial issue (as I said it only happened with some tracks - a minority) but maybe it would have had I restored before getting the error message - so I marked as helpful. Thanks for your very timely responses.

With latest software, voiceover lists "all songs" instead of track name on some tracks - fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.