Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can somebody help me out ?

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am trying to access my restrictions in the general settings, my iPhone won't accept my passcode and I know for a fact I haven't changed it. I only use a handful of passcodes so I don't forget but none of them are working. I am not on 8 failed attempts, I don't want to keep trying incase I block my phone. I just don't understand why it's not working? Any advice?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:42 AM

11 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:03 PM in response to StephanieG96

Yes. Everything on the phone will be completely erased. IF you were syncing your contacts to iCloud or another cloud service, you can sync them back. Before you erase it, extract the photos to your computer like you would with any other digital camera. Text messages will be erased. Apps and media will be erased. You will have to re-install your apps and re-sync any media you had on the phone. All in app data will be lost.

There is no way around this other than to remember your restriction passcode.

Feb 6, 2016 1:33 PM in response to StephanieG96

StephanieG96 wrote:

IF I take my phone into the store where I got it would they be able to help me in any way to do this?

They could help you restore the device, but as I said earlier, this is still going to delete all of your content. That is the only thing that can be done in the case of forgetting the Restrictions passcode. You are the only one that knows that passcode, it cannot be restored and since it is part of the backup, you cannot restore to the backup, since it would just put the passcode back on the device.

Feb 6, 2016 2:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I Think I'll just leave it, I dont need anything in my restrictions, it was just annoying me that the passcode won't work. I have only ever used one passcode for my restrictions and I know for a fact it definitely was that. I also tried a couple others just in case and my iPhone also never accepted any of them. I know everything else I do need to get into is accessible so I'm not fussed. Thanks for everyone's help though.

can somebody help me out ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.