Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data transferred to reconditioned MacBook Pro – cannot find Address Book data; only the alias.

Alas, my old MacBook Pro went down a bit before I could afford to purchase a brand new one, so I had data transferred to reconditioned MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010); OS 10.10.5 (14F27); 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Since I didn't have easy internet access it wasn't easy to purchase one from Apple online so I went for a local supplier. I've not tried all my software yet but so far most things have seemed to be there. But when I tried clicking the Address Book alias in the Dock it didn't respond; 'went to the Applications folder and found only the alias there.

Is there somewhere else I should look for the data or do I need to have that individually transferred from the old hard drive?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:15 AM

There are no replies.

Data transferred to reconditioned MacBook Pro – cannot find Address Book data; only the alias.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.