Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

locked ipad

I forgot my passcode to get into my ipad and it is now disabled. I followed the steps to go into recovery mode and update and restore which has worked but now it asking for me to activate it.

on the screen, it says that ipad is currently linked to a apple id ******@icloud.com, but I don't have a email address for the icloud. it wont let me use my email address (that I know is right for the apple id as it works on my other apple devices) and it is saying that this email address cannot be used to activate.

I have no idea how to unblock it.

I have tried everything and am starting to get frustrated with it😕 someone help!!

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:39 AM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 11:42 AM in response to rstuart21

If you're the device's original owner, take the device and its original purchase receipt to a physical Apple Store.

If not, but you're able to contact the person who set the lock, send themthis linkand tell them to follow its instructions.

If neither of the above applies, you can't activate the device but may be able to get it refunded. Apple won't remove the lock for anyone other than the original owner(assuming they're alive.)

(139238)

Feb 6, 2016 12:41 PM in response to Niel

thanks for your reply.

I am the original owner, It is saying when I use my apple id that this cannot be used.. it is confusing because I know its right.

I am 106 miles away from the nearest apple store so it isn't easy to get there and back.

Is there no way what so ever to unlock it without taking it into a shop?

thanks

locked ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.