Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help creating a formula with three arguments in excel 2007 for mac

I want to get data for each month for different items and their total sales, so three arguments involved. I can get each item and total cost for all sales of that item, but not also for each month. have tried sumif/s/sumproducts. Maybe that's wrong! Can anyone help, please? Thank you in hope!

iMac

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:16 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:35 PM in response to karibou85

Hi Kari,

This community is for discussions involving the Mac application, Numbers, but I suspect the same formulas would apply in Excel in this case.

Can you provide a screen shot so we can see where to start, please. Show the cells holding the information to be referenced, and the cel where the result is to be shown.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 7, 2016 10:06 AM in response to karibou85

Hi karibou85,

I am really fond of index columns for situations like this. I set up a report table for the results.

User uploaded file

formula in the index is filled down.

F2 =MONTH(C2)&B2

User uploaded file

table 2 is my report. Months of the year in the header column, expense types in the header row.

B2 =SUMIF(Table 1::$F,MONTH($A2)&B$1,Table 1::$E)

This is filled down and across.

quinn

Feb 7, 2016 11:20 AM in response to karibou85

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for going to the trouble of helping, really kind. Both suggestions great but not quite there. I thought it might help to show you the screenshot of the other sheet where the monthly totals for each different item in 'Type' will go. You can also see my half successful formula, which did find the totals for different items (each formula had a different item in it) but the totals were not filtered by month. Hope that helps and thanks! User uploaded file

need help creating a formula with three arguments in excel 2007 for mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.