Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I "type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices"

I'm sure it's been asked and answered 10,000 times already, but can't find a **** thing in these discussions.

On an iPhone 4s, trying to sign into icloud (in icloud settings), I get the message "Apple ID Verification Code Required: type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

I get the verification number on an iPad.

Where on earth do I type this code!!!

Pressing "Ok" just puts me back to the sign in page and if I try to sign in it just repeats the process with a new code.

Thanks.

N.

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 4:52 PM

What iOS version is on the 4s?

If it's pre 9, you have to enter the verification code along with your regular password, which matches the wording of the message.

For example... Mypassw0rdverificationcode

User uploaded file

45 replies

Dec 9, 2016 8:09 PM in response to LACAllen

Hi, my problem is that i don't get a field to complete. the first time of entering the password it advises code will be sent and enter it after the password, i am then shown the OK button, if i say ok i get the code sent to trusted device, but then don't have anywhere to enter the password and the code. if i close the iCloud and reopen it goes back to the enter password which if i enter the password and verification code it tells me password incorrect and i then go into the same loop again.

Where do I "type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.