Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

types in reverse

Often when I need to type in a box, my MacBook Pro types in reverse. For instance, my name, Miller, will show up as relliM. This is driving me crazy!!!! I have gone to language and I do not have a language like Arabic listed. Another aspect to this problem MIGHT be the highlighting.... I never use my computer without accidentally highlighting something (in blue). I thought I was just dragging a finger too much on the pad but now I am wondering it it has something to do with this backward typing.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:13 PM

Are you using OS 10.5.1?

Have you checked System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Input Sources?

7 replies

Feb 6, 2016 1:49 PM in response to millerputnam

The latest maybe 10.11.3 but 3 minutes ago I asked my computer to check on updates and the answer was "no updates available". HOWEVER, this problem has been occurring for the last 3 to 6 months. And, if I erase the backward writing, I can usually get it to write normally... though it might change back to backward writing anytime... so, I have to keep checking that I am not writing backwards.

types in reverse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.