Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I downgrade to 3.2.2?

Hello,

I just bought a Nektar Panorama P6 keyboard controller for use with MainStage.

Short version, it doesn't work right with MainStage 3.2.3. But apparently 3.2.2 works fine. But my backups don't include most applications, and I can't seem to find any way to get back to 3.2.2.

Thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 11:58 AM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2016 12:17 PM in response to SjoerdVisser

Thanks for the reply, Sjoerd.

I don't use Time Machine, but rather CrashPlan, and I excluded most Applications from that backup, unfortunately.

I will definitely turn off auto-updates if it's on (I don't think it is) but more importantly backup the app before upgrading although I'm not sure how simple that is. Eg, can you just backup the MainStage icon bundle? What about the gigs and gigs of supporting libraries and config files? This challenge is the main reason I never backed it up in the first place.

Would a Time Machine restore be smart enough to roll back all the corresponding libraries?

If not, the only safe solution might be a complete hard drive backup prior to upgrading MainStage, which is a real chore, especially if I need to restore. They should make rollbacks easier to do, given that we have so much on the line, and they can't guarantee the upgrade isn't going to break things.

Feb 8, 2016 6:23 AM in response to Dave Kitabjian

I am having the same problem but with a Panorama P1. I haven't even gigged with it yet! Very frustrating. It worked long enough for me to setup my concerts with it and then the Mainstage update and it's useless. I hope Nektartech gets it worked out quickly. The other thing is that the latest Mac OS sees your Panorama as a class compliant device. This precludes you from using QWERTY macros with the Panorama. At this point for me it's little more than a $299 door stop. I will post here if anything changes for me. I hope the OP will do the same.

Feb 8, 2016 7:09 AM in response to Dave Kitabjian

I would like to know this too..

I copied (including assets) my concert from my secondary laptop (mid 2012 i5 El Capitan MS3.2.2) to my main laptop (mid 2012 i7 Yosemite MS3.3.3) and am experiencing lots of unexplicable CPU spikes, and even dropped notes when playing.. Never happened before..

You see I am running 2 different OS'es, but could that really be the problem? The i7 is upgraded from MS2 to MS3.2.3 directly (because I postponed updating als long as possible because I was afraid things like this would happen)

How can I downgrade to 3.2.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.