Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion template not working in FCP

I created my first Motion file--a title with background--and saved it as a FCP theme. But when I drag it into an FCP project it shows this file not found message. Any idea what could be wrong?

User uploaded file

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 12:24 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 10:38 AM in response to terrencefromoakville

We don't have enough information.

Did you create a "regular" project then try moving it into Motion Templates / Titles / Category / Theme? Or did you start with a title project and Saved? (The red background could mean that you "misplaced" the title into the wrong folder - FCPX can find it but it's not in its correct location.)

What kind of external media was included in the project? (Red background can also mean "Missing Media"). It should have been saved with the project if the project was an actual Title project and not a "regular" project.

More details please 😀

Motion template not working in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.