Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X El Capitan telnet client reports "connected", but TCP three-way handshake not complete.

I'm a network engineer, and I'm starting to think that switching from a PC to a Mac just wasn't a good choice.

I discovered that the telnet client on my Mac reports that it's "connected" when it actually isn't. I'm trying to establish a TCP connection to another host on my network that isn't listening on the port I'm trying to connect to, but Mac still reports that it's "connected". I ran a WireShark trace and only saw the SYN packet, but no SYN-ACK packet from the remote host... and yet the telnet client is saying that it's "connected". If I type anything into the prompt when it's "connected", I don't see any of those packets actually being sent from my Mac to the remote host.

I also confirmed this by installing SecureCRT on the Mac - when I try to telnet to the same host on the same port, it never connects.

Is there something that I can do to change the behavior of the Mac telnet client? I'm wondering what other people have done to workaround this annoyance? Using the Windows telnet client, it would never report that it was connected if the TCP three-way handshake did not complete.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 12:53 PM

10 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:09 PM in response to jeff0000

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem. But with the aid of the test results, the solution may take a few minutes, instead of hours or days.

The test works on OS X 10.8 ("Mountain Lion") and later. I don't recommend running it on older versions of OS X. It will do no harm, but it won't do much good either.

Don't be put off by the complexity of these instructions. The process is much less complicated than the description. You do harder tasks with the computer all the time.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, please back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. As I wrote above, it changes nothing. It doesn't send or receive any data on the network. All it does is to generate a human-readable report on the state of the computer. That report goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. If you prefer, you can act on it yourself without disclosing the contents to me or anyone else.

You should be wondering whether you can believe me, and whether it's safe to run a program at the behest of a stranger. In general, no, it's not safe and I don't encourage it.

In this case, however, there are ways for you to decide whether the program is safe without having to trust me. First, you can read it. Unlike an application that you download and click to run, it's transparent, so anyone who understands the code can verify what it does.

You may not be able to understand the script yourself. But variations of it have been posted on this website many times over a period of years. Any one of the millions of registered users could have read the script and raised the alarm if it was harmful. Then I would not be here now and you would not be reading this message. See, for example, this discussion.

Nevertheless, if you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.

4. Here's a general summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:

☞ Copy the text of a particular web page (not this one) to the Clipboard.

☞ Paste into the window of another application.

☞ Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.

☞ Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.

These are not specific instructions; just an overview. The details are in parts 7 and 8 of this comment. The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time.

5. Try to test under conditions that reproduce the problem, as far as possible. For example, if the computer is intermittently slow, run the test during a slowdown.

You may have started up in safe mode. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual before running it. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

6. If you have more than one user, and only one user is affected by the problem,, and the affected user is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.

7. Load this linked web page (on the website "Pastebin.") Press the key combination command-A to select all the text, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing command-C.

8. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any one of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name ("Terminal") into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window to activate it. Paste from the Clipboard into the window by pressing command-V, then press return. The text you pasted should vanish immediately.

9. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, just press return three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.

If the test is taking much longer than usual to run because the computer is very slow, you might be prompted for your password a second time. The authorization that you grant by entering it expires automatically after five minutes.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.

10. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, a series of lines will appear in the Terminal window like this:

Test started

Part 1 of 4 done at: … sec

Part 4 of 4 done at: … sec

The test results are on the Clipboard.

Please close this window.

The intervals between parts won't be exactly equal, but they give a rough indication of progress.

Wait for the final message "Please close this window" to appear—again, usually within a few minutes. If you don't see that message within about 30 minutes, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, press the key combination control-C or command-period to stop it. Then go to the next step. You'll have incomplete results, but still something.

In order to get results, the test must either be allowed to complete or else manually stopped as above. If you close the Terminal window while the test is still running, the partial results won't be saved.

11. When the test is complete, or if you stopped it manually, quit Terminal. The results will have been saved to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

At the top of the results, there will be a line that begins with the words "Start time." If you don't see that, but instead see a mass of gibberish, you didn't wait for the "close this window" message. Please wait for it and try again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

12. When you post the results, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the software that runs this website. Please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

13. When you're done with the test, it's gone. There is nothing to uninstall or clean up.

14. This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak for themselves, not for me. The test itself is harmless, but whatever else you do may not be. For others who choose to run it, I don't recommend that you post the test results on this website unless I asked you to.

15. The linked UNIX shell script bears a notice of copyright. Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

Feb 6, 2016 6:01 PM in response to Linc Davis

Ok, here it is - with the exception of the UID (I don't know if that is user-identifiable information):

1 Start time: 18:40:43 02/06/16

3 Revision: 1490

5 Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5

6 Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0172.B07

7 System Version: OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)

8 Kernel Version: Darwin 15.3.0

9 Time since boot: 12 minutes

11 UID: <REMOVED>

13 Net out, lifetime (KiB/s)

15 SophosWebIntelligence (UID 0): 33

17 CPU usage, lifetime (ms/s)

19 kcm (UID 0): 153.14

21 Memory (MB)

23 kernel_task (UID 0): 1356

25 Global prefs (system)

27 MultipleSessionEnabled = 1

29 Proxies

31 ProxyAutoConfigEnable : 1

32 ProxyAutoConfigURLString : http://wpad/wpad.dat

34 Listeners

36 kdc: kerberos

38 HID errors: 1

40 Kernel log

42 Feb 6 18:28:37 IO80211ControllerMonitor::configureSubscriptions() failed to add subscriptionIO80211Controller::start _controller is 0x8683d3777ea9d8ff, provider is 0x8683d375ff3363ff

43 Feb 6 18:28:37 init: error getting PHY_MODE; using MODE_UNKNOWN

44 Feb 6 18:28:38 CoreStorageFamily::unlockVEKs(UUID) VEK unwrap failed. this is normal, except for the root volume.

45 Feb 6 18:28:45 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

46 Feb 6 18:31:23 considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.parallels.kext.usbconnect triggered rebuild

47 Feb 6 18:31:24 vnic0: promiscuous mode enable failed

48 Feb 6 18:31:24 vnic1: promiscuous mode enable failed

50 System log

52 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

53 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextDrawImages: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

54 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

55 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

56 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

57 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

58 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetDefaultUserSpaceToDeviceSpaceTransform: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

59 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

60 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextConcatCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

61 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

62 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextClipToRect: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

63 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetClipBoundingBox: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

64 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

65 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

66 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetShouldSmoothFonts: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

67 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetFontSmoothingStyle: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

68 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextGetFontAntialiasingStyle: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

69 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextSetFontSmoothingStyle: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

70 Feb 6 18:36:20 com.apple.preference.network.remoteservice: CGContextClipToRect: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

71 Feb 6 18:36:38 Google Chrome Helper: CGAffineTransformInvert: singular matrix.

72 Feb 6 18:36:47 Google Chrome Helper: CGAffineTransformInvert: singular matrix.

73 Feb 6 18:38:42 SophosWebD: Policy object not defined

74 Feb 6 18:38:42 SophosWebD: Invalid incoming policy, current policy will not be updated.

75 Feb 6 18:39:52 scanserver: [SMESAVI.m:933] SetConfigValue 'LiveProtection' failed [0xffffffff80070057]

76 Feb 6 18:39:52 scanserver: [SMEPoolManager.m:139] worker init failed... shutting down

78 launchd log

80 Feb 6 18:28:37 com.apple.airplaydiagnostics.server: Unrecognized MachService property: ResetAtClose

81 Feb 6 18:31:24 com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.domain.1844343378.100008.Aqua: Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents/com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy.plist, error = 2: No such file or directory

82 Feb 6 18:31:25 com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.domain.1844343378.100008.Aqua: Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents/com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy.plist, error = 2: No such file or directory

83 Feb 6 18:31:25 com.apple.xpc.launchd.user.domain.1844343378.100008.Aqua: Could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents/com.parallels.vm.prl_pcproxy.plist, error = 2: No such file or directory

85 Console log

87 Feb 6 18:31:04 fontd: Failed to open read-only database, regenerating DB

89 Loaded kernel extensions

91 com.parallels.kext.hypervisor (11.1.2 32408)

92 com.parallels.kext.netbridge (11.1.2 32408)

93 com.parallels.kext.usbconnect (11.1.2 32408)

94 com.parallels.kext.vnic (11.1.2 32408)

95 com.sophos.kext.sav (9.2.50)

96 com.sophos.nke.swi (9.2.50)

98 System services loaded

100 com.apple.logd

101 - status: 1

102 com.apple.watchdogd

103 com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod

104 com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd

105 com.ipass.monitordaemon

106 - status: 78

107 com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

108 com.microsoft.office.licensingV2.helper

109 com.parallels.pma.agent.launch.appindex.daemon

110 com.parallels.pma.agent.launchcep

111 com.parallels.pma.agent.launchdaemon

112 com.sophos.autoupdate

113 com.sophos.common.servicemanager

114 com.sophos.configuration

115 com.sophos.intercheck

116 com.sophos.notification

117 com.sophos.scan

118 com.sophos.sxld

119 com.sophos.webd

121 System services disabled

123 com.apple.mtmfs

125 Login services loaded

127 com.cisco.anyconnect.gui

128 com.google.keystone.user.agent

129 com.parallels.pma.agent.launchagent

130 com.sophos.uiserver

132 Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.gui.plist

133 - mod date: Feb 19 15:03:21 2015

134 - size (B): 635

135 - checksum: 1087717482

137 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

138 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

139 <plist version="1.0">

140 <dict>

141 <key>KeepAlive</key>

142 <dict>

143 <key>PathState</key>

144 <dict>

145 <key>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/gui_keepalive</key>

146 <true/>

147 </dict>

148 </dict>

149 <key>Label</key>

150 <string>com.cisco.anyconnect.gui</string>

151 <key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>

152 <string>Aqua</string>

153 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

154 <array>

155 <string>open</string>

156 <string>--wait-apps</string>

157 <string>/Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app</string>

158 </array>

159 </dict>

160 </plist>

162 Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.parallels.pma.agent.launchagent.plist

163 - mod date: Feb 3 11:43:53 2016

164 - size (B): 646

165 - checksum: 1907596056

167 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

168 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

169 <plist version="1.0">

170 <dict>

171 <key>Label</key>

172 <string>com.parallels.pma.agent.launchagent</string>

173 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

174 <array>

175 <string>/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/MacOS/pma_agent_ui</string>

176 </array>

177 <key>KeepAlive</key>

178 <true/>

179 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

180 <true/>

181 <key>AbandonProcessGroup</key>

182 <true/>

183 <key>EnvironmentVariables</key>

184 <dict>

185 <key>DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH</key>

186 <string>/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/Frameworks</string>

187 </dict>

188 </dict>

189 </plist>

191 Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.sophos.uiserver.plist

192 - mod date: Nov 23 10:38:01 2015

193 - size (B): 563

194 - checksum: 40276757

196 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

197 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

198 <plist version="1.0">

199 <dict>

200 <key>KeepAlive</key>

201 <true/>

202 <key>Label</key>

203 <string>com.sophos.uiserver</string>

204 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

205 <array>

206 <string>/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SophosUIServer</string>

207 </array>

208 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

209 <true/>

210 <key>StandardErrorPath</key>

211 <string>/dev/null</string>

212 <key>StandardOutPath</key>

213 <string>/dev/null</string>

214 </dict>

215 </plist>

217 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod.plist

218 - mod date: Feb 19 15:00:10 2015

219 - size (B): 586

220 - checksum: 3285045201

222 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

223 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC -//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN

224 http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd >

225 <plist version="1.0">

226 <dict>

227 <key>Label</key>

228 <string>com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod</string>

229 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

230 <array>

231 <string>/opt/cisco/hostscan/bin/ciscod</string>

232 <string>-d</string>

233 </array>

234 <key>KeepAlive</key>

235 <true/>

236 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

237 <true/>

238 <key>AbandonProcessGroup</key>

239 <true/>

240 <key>EnableTransactions</key>

241 <false/>

242 </dict>

243 </plist>

245 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist

246 - mod date: Feb 19 15:03:21 2015

247 - size (B): 611

248 - checksum: 2630047092

250 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

251 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC -//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN

252 http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd >

253 <plist version="1.0">

254 <dict>

255 <key>Label</key>

256 <string>com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd</string>

257 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

258 <array>

259 <string>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnagentd</string>

260 <string>-execv_instance</string>

261 </array>

262 <key>KeepAlive</key>

263 <true/>

264 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

265 <true/>

266 <key>AbandonProcessGroup</key>

267 <true/>

268 <key>EnableTransactions</key>

269 <false/>

270 </dict>

271 </plist>

273 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ipass.monitordaemon.plist

274 - mod date: Apr 13 09:41:36 2015

275 - size (B): 471

276 - checksum: 3978179703

278 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

279 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

280 <plist version="1.0">

281 <dict>

282 <key>Label</key>

283 <string>com.ipass.monitordaemon</string>

284 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

285 <array>

286 <string>/usr/sbin/iPass-Monitor-Daemon</string>

287 </array>

288 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

289 <true/>

290 <key>KeepAlive</key>

291 <true/>

292 <key>OnDemand</key>

293 <false/>

294 <key>ServiceIPC</key>

295 <true/>

296 </dict>

297 </plist>

299 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.pma.agent.launch.appindex.daemon.plist

300 - mod date: Feb 3 11:43:53 2016

301 - size (B): 467

302 - checksum: 3369332291

304 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

305 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

306 <plist version="1.0">

307 <dict>

308 <key>Label</key>

309 <string>com.parallels.pma.agent.launch.appindex.daemon</string>

310 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

311 <array>

312 <string>/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/MacOS/pmm_appindex_agent</str ing>

313 </array>

314 <key>KeepAlive</key>

315 <true/>

316 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

317 <true/>

318 </dict>

319 </plist>

321 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.pma.agent.launchcep.plist

322 - mod date: Feb 3 11:43:53 2016

323 - size (B): 458

324 - checksum: 3099353888

326 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

327 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

328 <plist version="1.0">

329 <dict>

330 <key>Label</key>

331 <string>com.parallels.pma.agent.launchcep</string>

332 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

333 <array>

334 <string>/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/MacOS/pmm_cep_client_service< /string>

335 </array>

336 <key>KeepAlive</key>

337 <true/>

338 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

339 <true/>

340 </dict>

341 </plist>

343 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.pma.agent.launchdaemon.plist

344 - mod date: Feb 3 11:43:53 2016

345 - size (B): 448

346 - checksum: 2344056242

348 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

349 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

350 <plist version="1.0">

351 <dict>

352 <key>Label</key>

353 <string>com.parallels.pma.agent.launchdaemon</string>

354 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

355 <array>

356 <string>/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/MacOS/pma_agent</string>

357 </array>

358 <key>KeepAlive</key>

359 <true/>

360 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

361 <true/>

362 </dict>

363 </plist>

365 Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sophos.common.servicemanager.plist

366 - mod date: Nov 23 10:38:00 2015

367 - size (B): 560

368 - checksum: 1792128556

370 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

371 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

372 <plist version="1.0">

373 <dict>

374 <key>StandardErrorPath</key>

375 <string>/dev/null</string>

376 <key>StandardOutPath</key>

377 <string>/dev/null</string>

378 <key>Label</key>

379 <string>com.sophos.common.servicemanager</string>

380 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

381 <array>

382 <string>/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosServiceManager.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SophosServiceManager</str ing>

383 </array>

384 <key>KeepAlive</key>

385 <true/>

386 </dict>

387 </plist>

389 Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist

390 - mod date: Feb 3 10:37:58 2016

391 - size (B): 802

392 - checksum: 767407398

394 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

395 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

396 <plist version="1.0">

397 <dict>

398 <key>Label</key>

399 <string>com.google.keystone.user.agent</string>

400 <key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>

401 <string>Aqua</string>

402 <key>ProgramArguments</key>

403 <array>

404 <string>/Users/USER/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bu ndle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftw areUpdateAgent</string>

405 <string>-runMode</string>

406 <string>ifneeded</string>

407 </array>

408 <key>RunAtLoad</key>

409 <true/>

410 <key>StartInterval</key>

411 <integer>3623</integer>

412 <key>StandardErrorPath</key>

413 <string>/dev/null</string>

414 <key>StandardOutPath</key>

415 <string>/dev/null</string>

416 </dict>

417 </plist>

419 User login items

421 UNKNOWN

422 - missing value

424 Managed Client

426 com.apple.dock:

428 static-apps:

430 Value: ( )

431 State: always

432 Source: mufasa (User)

434 MCXDockSpecialFolders:

436 Value: ( AddDockMCXOriginalNetworkHomeFolder )

437 State: always

438 Source: mufasa (User)

440 static-others:

442 Value: ( )

443 State: always

444 Source: mufasa (User)

446 loginwindow:

448 AutoLaunchedApplicationDictionary-managed:

450 Value: ( { AuthenticateAsLoginUserShortName = 1; "MCX-NetworkHomeDirectoryItem" = 1; } )

451 State: always

452 Source: mufasa (User)

454 com.apple.MCX:

456 com.apple.cachedaccounts.CreateAtLogin:

458 Value: 1

459 State: always

460 Source: mufasa (User)

462 com.apple.cachedaccounts.WarnOnCreate:

464 Value: 1

465 State: always

466 Source: mufasa (User)

468 iCloud errors

470 comapple.CloudPhotosConfiguration 1

471 cloudphotosd 1

472 cloudd 1

474 Restrictive permissions: 8

476 Extensions

478 /Library/Extensions/SophosNetworkInterceptor.kext

479 - com.sophos.nke.swi

480 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

481 /Library/Extensions/SophosOnAccessInterceptor.kext

482 - com.sophos.kext.sav

483 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

485 Applications

487 /Applications/Microsoft Messenger.app

488 - com.microsoft.Messenger

489 /Applications/Parallels Application Portal.app

490 - com.parallels.pmm.application-portal

491 - Parallels, Inc.

492 /Applications/Remote Desktop Connection.app

493 - com.microsoft.rdc

494 /Applications/Sophos Anti-Virus.app

495 - com.sophos.macendpoint.Sophos-Anti-Virus

496 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

497 /Applications/WinZip.app

498 - com.winzip.WinZip-Mac

499 - WinZip Computing LLC

500 /Applications/iPass Open Mobile.app

501 - com.iPass.iPass-Open-Mobile

502 /Library/Application Support/Sophos/opm-sa/Installer.app

503 - com.sophos.macendpoint.InstallationDeployer

504 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

505 /Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app

506 - com.parallels.pma.agent

507 - Parallels, Inc.

508 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/InterCheck.app

509 - com.sophos.sav.ic

510 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

511 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.app

512 - com.sophos.macendpoint.Remove-Sophos-Anti-Virus

513 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

514 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosAntiVirus.app

515 - com.sophos.SophosAntiVirus

516 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

517 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosAutoUpdate.app

518 - com.sophos.autoupdate

519 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

520 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosSXLD.app

521 - com.Sophos.macendpoint.SophosSXLD

522 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

523 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosScanD.app

524 - com.sophos.SophosScanD

525 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

526 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosUIServer.app

527 - com.sophos.ui

528 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

529 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/Tools/SDU4OSX.app

530 - com.sophos.SDU4OSX

531 - Sophos

532 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/3D Builder.app

533 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

534 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Accessibility On-Screen Keyboard.app

535 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

536 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Advanced System Settings.app

537 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

538 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Alarms & Clock.app

539 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

540 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Calculator.app

541 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

542 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Calendar.app

543 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

544 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Camera.app

545 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

546 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Change Computer Settings.app

547 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

548 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Character Map.app

549 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

550 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Clip Organizer.app

551 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

552 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Command Prompt.app

553 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

554 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Computer Management.app

555 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

556 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Contact Support.app

557 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

558 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Cortana.app

559 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

560 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Database Compare.app

561 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

562 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Disk Space Cleanup Manager for Windows.app

563 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

564 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/File Explorer.app

565 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

566 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Get Office.app

567 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

568 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Get Skype.app

569 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

570 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Get Started.app

571 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

572 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Internet Control Panel.app

573 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

574 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Internet Explorer x32.app

575 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

576 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Internet Explorer.app

577 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

578 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Mail.app

579 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

580 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Maps.app

581 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

582 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Math Input Panel Accessory.app

583 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

584 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Windows Fax and Scan.app

585 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

586 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Access.app

587 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

588 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Edge.app

589 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

590 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Excel.app

591 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

592 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft InfoPath.app

593 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

594 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Lync Recording Manager 2013.app

595 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

596 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Lync.app

597 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

598 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Office 2010.app

599 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

600 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Office.app

601 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

602 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft OneDrive [1].app

603 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

604 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft OneDrive [2].app

605 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

606 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft OneDrive.app

607 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

608 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft OneNote.app

609 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

610 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Outlook.app

611 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

612 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft PowerPoint.app

613 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

614 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Publisher.app

615 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

616 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Screen Magnifier.app

617 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

618 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft SkyDrive Pro.app

619 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

620 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Solitaire Collection.app

621 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

622 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Visio.app

623 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

624 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft Word.app

625 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

626 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Configuration Tool.app

627 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

628 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Microsoft® Drive Optimizer.app

629 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

630 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Money.app

631 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

632 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Movies & TV.app

633 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

634 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Music.app

635 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

636 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/News.app

637 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

638 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Notepad.app

639 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

640 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/ODBC Administrator x32.app

641 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

642 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/ODBC Administrator.app

643 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

644 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Office Telemetry Dashboard.app

645 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

646 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Office Telemetry Log.app

647 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

648 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/OneNote.app

649 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

650 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Paint.app

651 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

652 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/People.app

653 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

654 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Phone Companion.app

655 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

656 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Photos.app

657 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

658 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Remote Desktop Connection.app

659 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

660 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Resource and Performance Monitor.app

661 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

662 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Screen Reader.app

663 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

664 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Settings.app

665 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

666 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Snipping Tool.app

667 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

668 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Sophos Anti-Virus.app

669 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

670 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Speech Recognition.app

671 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

672 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Sports.app

673 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

674 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Spreadsheet Compare.app

675 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

676 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Steps Recorder.app

677 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

678 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Sticky Notes.app

679 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

680 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Store.app

681 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

682 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/System Configuration Utility.app

683 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

684 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/System Information.app

685 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

686 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Task Manager.app

687 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

688 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Version Reporter Applet.app

689 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

690 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Voice Recorder.app

691 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

692 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Weather.app

693 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

694 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Control Panel.app

695 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

696 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Defender User Interface.app

697 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

698 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Feedback.app

699 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

700 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Journal.app

701 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

702 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Media Player.app

703 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

704 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.app

705 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

706 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows PowerShell ISE x32.app

707 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

708 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows PowerShell ISE.app

709 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

710 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows PowerShell x32.app

711 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

712 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows PowerShell.app

713 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

714 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows System Assessment Tool.app

715 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

716 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Windows Wordpad Application.app

717 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

718 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/XPS Viewer.app

719 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

720 /Users/USER/Applications (Parallels)/{UUID} HOST.localized/Xbox.app

721 - com.parallels.winapp.UUID.UUID

722 /Users/USER/Applications/Chrome HOST.localized/Default apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf.app

723 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf

724 /Users/USER/Applications/Chrome HOST.localized/Default blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo.app

725 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo

726 /Users/USER/Applications/Chrome HOST.localized/Default coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf.app

727 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf

728 /Users/USER/Applications/Chrome HOST.localized/Default pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia.app

729 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia

730 /Users/USER/Downloads/Cisco Jabber.app

731 - com.cisco.Jabber

732 - Cisco (DE8Y96K9QP)

733 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake/Default aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake.app

734 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake-internal

735 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf/Default apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf.app

736 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-apdfllckaahabafndbhieahigkjlhalf-internal

737 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo/Default blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo.app

738 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-blpcfgokakmgnkcojhhkbfbldkacnbeo-internal

739 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf/Default coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf.app

740 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-coobgpohoikkiipiblmjeljniedjpjpf-internal

741 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Web Applications/_crx_pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia/Default pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia.app

742 - com.google.Chrome.app.Default-pjkljhegncpnkpknbcohdijeoejaedia-internal

744 Frameworks

746 /Library/Frameworks/SAVI.framework

747 - com.sophos.sav.savi

748 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

749 /Library/Frameworks/SUMScanKit.framework

750 - com.sophos.sum.scan.kit

751 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

752 /Library/Frameworks/SophosGenericsCommon.framework

753 - com.sophos.macendpoint.SophosGenericsCommon

754 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

755 /Library/Frameworks/SophosGenericsCore.framework

756 - com.sophos.macendpoint.SophosGenericsCore

757 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

759 PrefPane

761 /Library/PreferencePanes/PRLPmmPreferencePane.prefPane

762 - com.parallels.pmm.PRLPmmPreferencePane

763 - Parallels, Inc.

765 Bundles

767 /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

768 - com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin

769 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/PepperFlash/20.0.0.286/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin

770 - com.macromedia.PepperFlashPlayer.pepper

771 - Adobe Systems, Inc.

772 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/1.4.8.824/_platform_specific/mac_x64/widevine cdmadapter.plugin

773 - NA

775 Library paths

777 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/Libraries/libSULObjC.dylib

778 - libSULObjC

779 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

780 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/Libraries/libcrypto.dylib

781 - libcrypto

782 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

783 /Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/Libraries/libssl.dylib

784 - libssl

785 - Sophos (2H5GFH3774)

786 /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/WidevineCDM/1.4.8.824/_platform_specific/mac_x64/libwidev inecdm.dylib

788 App extensions

790 com.microsoft.onenote.mac.shareextension

791 com.parallels.desktop.console.Resource-Monitor

793 Non-loading kernel extensions

795 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOSXUSBNCM.kext

796 - com.apple.driver.AppleOSXUSBNCM

797 - Software Signing

799 Installations

801 Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM: 2/3/16, 11:43 AM

802 Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM: 1/28/16, 9:52 AM

803 Microsoft Outlook for Mac: 1/27/16, 1:41 PM

804 Microsoft AutoUpdate: 1/27/16, 11:55 AM

805 Microsoft Communicator for Mac: 11/23/15, 4:57 PM

807 Elapsed time (sec): 414

Feb 6, 2016 6:29 PM in response to jeff0000

A

Please remove the Sophos product by following the instructions on this page, and also this one, if applicable. If you have a different version, the procedure may be different.

Back up all data before making any changes. Never install any "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software again.

If an institutional policy prevents you from taking this step, then you'll either have to live with the problem or refer to the developer for support (which you won't get.)

B

If removing "Sophos" doesn't solve the problem, then these system modifications (which, unlike Sophos, may do something useful) could be contributing:

AnyConnect

Parallels

If you want to keep them, do a trial removal to find out whether they're at fault, and refer to the developers for support if they are. Some or all may need to be updated.

Any third-party software that doesn't install from the App Store or by drag-and-drop into the Applications folder, and uninstall by drag-and-drop to the Trash, is a system modification.

Whenever you remove system modifications, they must be removed completely, and the only way to do that is to use the uninstallation tool, if any, provided by the developers, or to follow their instructions. If the software has been incompletely removed, you may have to re-download or even reinstall it in order to finish the job.

I never install system modifications myself, and except as stated in this comment, I don't know how to uninstall them. You'll have to do your own research to find that information.

Here are some general guidelines to get you started. Suppose you want to remove something called “BrickMyMac” (a hypothetical example.) First, consult the product's Help menu, if there is one, for instructions. Finding none there, look on the developer's website, say www.brickmymac.com. (That may not be the actual name of the site; if necessary, search the Web for the product name.) If you don’t find anything on the website or in your search, contact the developer. While you're waiting for a response, download BrickMyMac.dmg and open it. There may be an application in there such as “Uninstall BrickMyMac.” If not, open “BrickMyMac.pkg” and look for an Uninstall button. The uninstaller might also be accessed by clicking the Customize button, if there is one.

Back up all data before making any changes.

You will generally have to restart the computer in order to complete an uninstallation. Until you do that, there may be no effect, or unpredictable effects.

If you can’t remove software in any other way, you’ll have to erase and install OS X. Never install any third-party software unless you're sure you know how to uninstall it; otherwise you may create problems that are very hard to solve.

Trying to remove complex system modifications by hunting for files by name often will not work and may make the problem worse. The same goes for "utilities" such as "AppCleaner" and the like that purport to remove software.

Mac OS X El Capitan telnet client reports "connected", but TCP three-way handshake not complete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.