Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get strange symbols while typing and the only way to get rid of them is to turn off my computer!!

Sometimes while typing, a bar comes up over the letter I'm typing with a lot of strange symbols for that letter. The keyboard stops typing. The only way I've found to get out of it, is to turn off my computer and restart it. My wife has the same problem on her computer. What causes it and can I turn that feather off??

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, MID 2015), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:03 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2016 5:45 PM in response to Linc Davis

That's what it does, but when you keep typing, the normal letters don't appear, just a line of symbols that look like commas! To get the typing to continue, you have to turn off the computer and start over. Taking your finger off the key when the symbols you describe doesn't allow you to continue typing. It does it on both of our apple computers. Any suggestions ?

I get strange symbols while typing and the only way to get rid of them is to turn off my computer!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.