Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call waiting not answering in Bluetooth

When I'm on a call talking via Bluetooth, and I receive another call. When I hit " Hold & Accept ", it switches calls, but it answers through the iPhone and not my Bluetooth. I've never had this problem before, this just started. Any suggestions for a fix?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:53 PM

I figured it out. For anyone else who has this problem and wants to make sure all call waiting calls answer through the Bluetooth.

Go to "Settings", then "General", then "Accessibility", then scroll down to "Call Audio Routing". Head inside and change it from "Automatic" to "Bluetooth Headset" or "Speaker" if you want the speakerphone to engage during call waiting. By default when it's set to "Automatic" it will answer through the phone during call waiting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 2:53 PM in response to BBKG

I figured it out. For anyone else who has this problem and wants to make sure all call waiting calls answer through the Bluetooth.

Go to "Settings", then "General", then "Accessibility", then scroll down to "Call Audio Routing". Head inside and change it from "Automatic" to "Bluetooth Headset" or "Speaker" if you want the speakerphone to engage during call waiting. By default when it's set to "Automatic" it will answer through the phone during call waiting.

Call waiting not answering in Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.