Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backup iPhone 6 to iCloud. The backup option does not even show up anymore in settings. Help?!

UUnable to backup iPhone 6. The backup option does not even appear anymore in my settings! Help?!

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:41 PM

7 replies

Feb 6, 2016 9:00 PM in response to maritavolley1

Ok... I think part of my confusion is the term backup.

If you are saving data FROM a device that is called a backup. If you are then saving/moving/copying that same data TO a device, it is typically referred to as a restore.

Same "data" but 2 different terms depending on what you are doing with it.

Apple does seem to say they back up MMS photos.

User uploaded file

Feb 6, 2016 9:10 PM in response to LACAllen

I reset my phone by erasing all content. I saved all the data first by backing it up to iCloud. Then I restored what I had backed up. The data was all restored - MINUS those text pics. I've gone thru this drill several times the past. Never had any problem. First time this "missing picture" issue has ever occurred. Apparently others have had the same problem.

Unable to backup iPhone 6 to iCloud. The backup option does not even show up anymore in settings. Help?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.