Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule

Streaming Music or Movie which I saved in Time Capsule only possible through iTunes. I have to open iTunes in Mac Book Pro or iMac and then stream all music and movie through AirPlay via my Apple TV. Otherwise via my phone or iPad through File Explorer apps. Why It should be so? What is the purpose of Time Capsule, if Apple cannot allow or come out with good solution where it can be access or streaming via iTunes without connecting it to my MacBook or iMac? Apple, please allow it stand alone or can be access in best way to my apple TV or iPod/iPad.

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:43 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 1:50 PM in response to AgilanLechaman

Copyright protection is paramount to Apple. Placing the iTunes software or extensions on the TC would make protection of copyright more difficult.

What is the purpose of Time Capsule

A backup target for Time Machine.

It is a dumb hard disk inside a standard router.. Airport Extreme with SATA port inside.

It is not like a genuine NAS.. which is built from the ground up as file server/storage/media centre.

You can buy any number of brands of NAS, with iTunes extensions of some sort.

Apple instead of moving to home storage has moved to cloud storage.. so I expect you will be able to do anything you like once you pay apple the appropriate fee as long as your internet connection is up to gigabit fibre.. no problems at all.. sadly for most of us.. that won't happen for the next 100 years.

Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.