Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 cannot connect to Itunes. Requests latest version of Itunes which is already installed

I have an Iphone 6 Ios 9.2.1 (latest update) purchased last December and I am trying to connect it to the Itunes on my Imac. Itunes is the latest version 11.4.

When I connect my Iphone to my computer i get an error message saying I cannot connect my Iphone because my Iphone requires the latest Itunes version to be installed. But I have the latest version so how can I connect to Itunes on my computer in order to sync my stuff?

I have had Iphones for quite some time now and I never had this problem with any of them. For a phone that is worth quite a lot of money I find these glitches or bugs quite disturbing.

Can anyone assist me with information on how to get my Iphone connected to Itunes?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1, Itunes 11.4

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:21 PM

Hi Eliza,

11.4 may be the latest version of iTunes available for the OS X level you are running on your Mac, but devices running iOS 9 require iTunes 12.2 or later in order to sync.

You would need to upgrade your Mac OS X to a current level in order to download the most current version of iTunes available.

Sorry 😟

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 2:21 PM in response to Eliza_d_J

Hi Eliza,

11.4 may be the latest version of iTunes available for the OS X level you are running on your Mac, but devices running iOS 9 require iTunes 12.2 or later in order to sync.

You would need to upgrade your Mac OS X to a current level in order to download the most current version of iTunes available.

Sorry 😟

GB

Feb 6, 2016 2:22 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail from Maine, thank you so much for your comment.

I am trying to download el capitan at the moment but I am quite worried my Mac isn't capable of this download. Fearing my Mac's memory is simply not up to it. Here are some specs if someone is able to offer any other assistance (I have very little knowledge about these things)

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

When I go to Itunes.com it does not say anything about a 12.2. version though. Does it simply not give me this option because my Mac is unable to download

it?

Iphone 6 cannot connect to Itunes. Requests latest version of Itunes which is already installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.