Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone got a mind of it own.

i have an iPhone 6 plus and it has a mind of its own. I have had many apple products, however its as if I am double pressing the home button when im not, it opens siri and other applications and wont let me press my home button to come out of these so I have to lock it and when I unlock it it repeats itself. the phone has been well looked after and is not jailbroken. it can do this many times in an evening and I do not know why some people have said its called a ghost user online but im not sure. do I take it to apple or not anyone help is welcome need to get this resolved as not happy with this product at the moment.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2016 3:53 PM

If that happened to my iPhone, I would definitely take it to an Apple Store (or Authorized Apple Service Center) and let them see the issue.

Be sure to take it when you think it's likely the advisor can witness the issue. Then they can advise you how to proceed.

12 replies

Feb 12, 2016 3:11 PM in response to james6260

Your iPhone is out of warranty if it is more than a year old without AppleCare+ or if it is in a different country than it was purchased.

As to determining fault and determining the remedy, nobody can do that in these communities. That is why you need to take your iPhone to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center as I said earlier.

Feb 12, 2016 3:45 PM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

As to determining fault and determining the remedy, nobody can do that in these communities.

Well to be fair. I have determined the fault. And the remedy. But with Error 53, only Apple can replace the home button as they would need to reprogram the new one... but I don't believe they offer this as a repair service.

Feb 12, 2016 3:49 PM in response to SunOfRa78

SunOfRa78 wrote:

sberman wrote:

As to determining fault and determining the remedy, nobody can do that in these communities.

Well to be fair. I have determined the fault. And the remedy.

Really? Are you certain? After all, you have never seen james6260's iPhone! You're likely right, but I wouldn't think you could say you've determined all this with certainty.

Feb 12, 2016 6:44 PM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

Really? Are you certain? After all, you have never seen james6260's iPhone! You're likely right, but I wouldn't think you could say you've determined all this with certainty.

Of course it's not with 100% certainty. This is an internet forum after all. But I'd say it's with a 95% certainty.

I've repaired thousands of Apple devices since the iPhone 3 era. The basic home button mechanism (not talking about touch ID) hasn't really changed much since those days. It's still a very simple switch which fails in a only few different ways. The symptoms which james6260 describes points to one of these ways.

iphone got a mind of it own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.