Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5c wont install update from itunes

i have an iphone 5c that wont turn on. it shows a black screen with a red itunes symbol and the lightning pin charger icon, but when i connected it to itunes it wouldnt not install the update. what should i do?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Be certain you are using the current version of iTunes (12.3.2) on your computer. If you do not have this version, you may need to update your operating system to get it.

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 3:48 PM in response to Iron Patriot15

Iron Patriot15 wrote:

Ok, I made sure it was up to date ...

You made sure what was up to date? iTunes on your computer? Did you explicitly check "About iTunes" and verify you are running version 12.3.2? Or did you simply check to see if you are running the most current version? Doing the latter is not enough, as older operating systems cannot run iTunes 12.3.2.

If you are 100% certain you are using iTunes 12.3.2, then you need to tell us the exact error message(s) you see when you say "it would not install the update." Tell us the exact behavior involved.

Iphone 5c wont install update from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.