Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp won't show on startup even though i followed the steps correctly

Alright so i've been trying to get windows 7 for awhile now and with my luck it just hasn't been working. The only time i see anything windows 7 related is a black screen that says, "Non-system disk Press any key to reboot", and the only time i see the black screen with that message is when the MBP restarts after the intial installation of windows 7 in bootcamp. So then i press every key on my keyboard i possibly can and nothing happens. So i reboot the system by pressing the power button, hold the alt/option key and all that pops up is two drives and two drives ONLY, one that says Macintosh HD and then the other says Recovery-##.## (Sorry forgot the numbers but, i currently am using the latest El Capitan).

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), MacBook Pro mid (2010) 13 inch

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:24 PM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2016 4:29 PM in response to PatMF

PatMF wrote:

Yes it gives me an option to create a windows install disk

From MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - Technical Specifications,

Storage

• 250GB or 320GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm hard drive, or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive6
  • 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
  • Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD

Unless you have manually modified Bootcamp info.plist, this model will not show the 'Create USB Installer...". I have a 2010 15-inch which will only install using a physical DVD.

Bootcamp won't show on startup even though i followed the steps correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.