Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download the older version of iMovie?

A while ago, I deleted iMovie and GarageBand from my Macbook Air in an attempt to make more space, thinking I wouldn't find any use for the two. But! Of course I now want to use iMovie (not necessarily GarageBand, but maybe). I have Mac OS X Version 10.7.4. I want to update my software as a whole, but I don't have the available space (I need around 4GBs, but only have 2...somehow, despite not having a lot of anything on my laptop).

I know that you can download the old version of iMovie, but I don't even have the app itself, since I deleted it. In the app store, I can only download the most recent version, which requires me to update my software, which I can't do.

Is there anyway I can somehow download iMovie 9.0.9? Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2016 2:26 AM in response to frankiecool

Do you have the original iLife '11 installation DVD which included iMovie 9 (= '11)? If not, I think copies of the DVD are still available from Amazon.

If necessary you can update this to the last (version 9.0.9) at: Download iMovie 9.0.9

(Although this looks like the complete app, it is only an update)

Regarding disk space, if you are going to do a lot of video work you really need an external drive for your iMovie stuff. 2 GB is not enough.

Geoff.

How can I download the older version of iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.