Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't drag music onto my iPhone 5...

Hello all --- I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.1, my Mac Pro running OS X 10.6.8, and iTunes 11.4 (and I do Not want to move up in any of these versions..). I do not use iCloud at all, nor do I use iTunes Match nor Apple Music. I just want a solution so that I can once again, like I have for years, drag playlists and albums of music that I've imported myself into my iPhone 5. It doesn't seem to work suddenly. I hope somebody has a simple solution. (In iTunes, I always keep the "Manually manage music and videos" box checked, and I back up to my own hard drive, not the cloud.

Thank you very much --- Tony

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 2:52 PM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2016 2:38 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Sorry! It did end up kind of "solving itself". What WAS happening was, I would drag a playlist into my phone. Then, when I'd click on my phone and "Music" (in the iTunes window, left side), and I would click on the dragged playlist, the song titles would be there, but grayed-out, each song with a little broken circle to the left of the title. What I ended up trying was (after syncing the phone again), I selected the playlist name and deleted it, then dragged the same playlist in to my phone Again, and This time it actually loaded the music into the phone. Problem solved, but not easily, and it didn't just "work" like it used to for the last year or two. OK --- thanks very much for the help. -- Tony

I can't drag music onto my iPhone 5...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.