Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon pages freezing, UK and US sites

Amazon pages part load but the lower section of the frame is missing and the whole page is unresponsive to keyboard, track pad etc. Setup is iMac Retina, late 2015. El Capitan 10.11.3, Safari 9.0.3. I have tried deleting history and cache. Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:13 PM

14 replies

Feb 6, 2016 3:41 PM in response to gail from maine

Only Amazon is showing this problem. Their FAQ page suggests clearing History and Cache, which I have tried, to no avail. I last placed three orders with Amazon five days ago, when everything seemed fine.

It's an odd fault. The page appears to load, but when you try to scroll down there is nothing more there. Trying to click on any reactive part of the screen just brings up the dreaded beachball.

I think you are right and the problem lies with Amazon.. I will try and contact them

Thanks for your thoughts.

Feb 14, 2016 10:22 AM in response to dialabrain

I've been having a similar problem with Amazon freezing. Initial loading into the web site goes fine. Click on something like "Today's Deals" goes fine. But, once I go to a particular item, it freezes; eventually the beach ball appears. I can go back to "Today's Deals" or other areas, but once I look at an item for sale, it freezes; can't read comments; can't click "add to cart" nor "buy with one click" etc.

I've reset Safari to no avail.

Using Firefox...same except I get 'unresponsive script' errors. Moziila says page might freeze if you don't respond (debug, stop, continue).

Feb 14, 2016 2:16 PM in response to David Cun

Re my post 7 Feb.when I said the change to Firefox had cured the problem. This has turned out to be wrong. I am now experiencing exactly the same problem you have described., i.e.'Unresponsive script' errors. However, if I click on the 'stop script' button the page seems to reload and then performs properly.

At present I can use Amazon pages, subject to this minor irritation.

Feb 15, 2016 9:25 AM in response to Splendin

Me too with Firefox; if I click "stop script"; behavior seems okay for the particular item I'm looking at. Then, it happens again when I go to another item. Like I said, with Safari initial loading seems fine; e.g. 'one click' for buying a Kindle book. But, if I continue shopping or go beyond just one or two clicks within the web site, the freezing continues.

I'm on Mavericks and Safari 9.0.3 and Firefox 44.0.2

Feb 19, 2016 4:02 PM in response to David Cun

I'm using Chrome now for browsing at amazon; no issues today bopping about for about 30 minutes. I like it better than Firefox so far. But, I still like Safari; just no longer for shopping at Amazon.

I started a thread at amazon help community. No resolution. Just the usual stuff about clearing history and cache etc. Problem not confined to Macs; Windoz users too.

Feb 19, 2016 4:48 PM in response to David Cun

I just went through several lockups yesterday. Amazon's homepage in Safari, Chrome and Firefox all locked up my Mac. I had to power off and on each time.

So using NoScript and Firefox , I blocked "images.amazon.com" and that was the workaround. It blocked whatever was causing the problem, yet I could use the website.

Today all went well. "images.amazon.com" was replaced by "images-amazon.com". So indeed Amazon knew their page was locking up browsers.

I reported this here and in Amazon's Support forum. The moderator gave me a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us/q

that should get us in touch with their engineers.

The Amazon Help Community forums can't address website issues. You'll just wind up with opinions on what's wrong.

Gene

Feb 21, 2016 9:12 AM in response to David Cun

I got a reply this morning; the usual drivel. I pointed out that it was occurring with both Safari and Firefox....

Make sure that the date and time on your computer are set correctly.

- Try accessing our website via https://www.amazon.com (the extra "s" after the "http" puts you on our secure server).

- Delete your cookies; then try logging in again (you can refer to your browser's "Help" section for details on how to delete cookies).

- If you have another browser installed, try using that instead.

If you still face trouble is accessing our website, I'd suggest contacting us again by phone or chat for some real-time troubleshooting. You can reach us using the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

Amazon pages freezing, UK and US sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.