Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up

I have an I phone 6 plus,i cant back up the phone to my pc. It tells me I can only back up from a year ago or set as a new phone.

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:16 PM

It sounds like you are at the "Set up as new or Restore from Backup" screen. This appears when your iTunes does not recognize you phone (or if you have reset/restored since you last plugged in). If you do not want to restore form that backup form 1 year ago, and are fine with how your iPhone looks and works right now, elect "Set up as new". This is just telling iTunes to treat it like a new iPhone, its not actually going to do anything to the iPhone. After that you will be able to backup your iPhone or sync as you are used to. Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 3:16 PM in response to luisfromrichmond hill

It sounds like you are at the "Set up as new or Restore from Backup" screen. This appears when your iTunes does not recognize you phone (or if you have reset/restored since you last plugged in). If you do not want to restore form that backup form 1 year ago, and are fine with how your iPhone looks and works right now, elect "Set up as new". This is just telling iTunes to treat it like a new iPhone, its not actually going to do anything to the iPhone. After that you will be able to backup your iPhone or sync as you are used to. Good luck!

Back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.