Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad has been disabled and I've tried to reset it but it says that I have error 3194. I have done everything with hosts in system 32 but it still is not working what can I do?

My iPad has been disabled and I've tried to reset it but it says that I have error 3194. I have done everything with hosts in system 32 but it still is not working what can I do?

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 3:55 PM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 3:59 PM in response to Killersixty6

Error 3194 is a redirection error meaning the Apple Service is unable to verify the details it needs to validate which OS to install. Since you have already put the #s in the host oil, check your security software. Tell it to disable or even uninstall. If all else fails or you don't want to mess with the security software, use a different computer. If you have an Apple Store or Service Provider near you, they will usually restore you for free.

If you see Error 3194, Error 17, or 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build' in iTunes - Apple

Find a Service location: https://locate.apple.com/country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.