Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV with Internet Only

I wanted to ask you about the Internet only you use to watch TV programs. We have Apple TV, but I'm not sure if I need a others persons user name and password to have all the apps work for the Apple TV or will my user name and password from optimum (Internet only) work with all the apps? We would to still have access to Disney channel History and a few others.

Can you explain this to me?

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 4:24 PM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2016 5:28 AM in response to Rocky2172

When you pay for cable, this money goes to the cable company and to the individual channels via the contracts they sign with the cable companies. That is how they get paid for providing it in addition to advertisers paying them. Allowing you to access the channels content via the ATV is permitted but they require you prove you are paying for that content via your cable bill. This is why they require you to enter some authorization code to view the content.

Your internet account is only paying for Internet access not TV content therefore it will not allow you to view TV content.

Apple TV with Internet Only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.