Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a simple blood pressure template for Numbers 3.2.2

I need a simple blood pressure template for Numbers 3.2.2 or earlier. Since I don't have a working knowledge of Numbers 3.2.2 I am hoping someone can help me out here. I need an auto updating date and time, systolic, diastolic, and A wider Notes columns. Thanks for your help from an old geezer.

Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:26 PM

There is no built-in template, however you have described what you want an can make by following the following instructions:

1) open a new document using the menu item "File > New..."

2) Choose the category "Basic" on the left, then "Blank" from the available selections:

User uploaded file

2) In order to facilitate entering the date and time, I suggest creating a single-cell table, then entering the formula =now(). To do this, do the following:

click and hold on cell A2 in the table (until you see the cell "lift" off the table.

User uploaded file

Drag the cell above your table on the screen.

you should see a new table like this:

User uploaded file

Double click the text "Table 2", then update the text so is reads "TimeStamp" (it's just a name so it's not real important). select cell A1 in the "TimeStamp" table, then type

=now()

shorthand for this is

A1=now()

User uploaded file

Now in the original table, name the columns as "Date", "Systolic", "Diastolic", and "Notes"... like this:

User uploaded file

now make the notes column wide by select the column for Notes (column D). To do this click the "D" at the very top of the column.

Now open the table formatter by clicking the "Format" button at the top right, then selecting the "Table" segment:

User uploaded file

now adjust the value for the "Column" width at the bottom as needed

to enter the date in a row, select the cell in the table "TimeStamp" then select the menu item "Edit > Copy" (or use the key combination <command> + c)

now select the cell where you want to put the date/time, then select the menu item "Edit > Paste Formula Results"

now enter the reading as notes

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2016 6:26 PM in response to BillyWonker

There is no built-in template, however you have described what you want an can make by following the following instructions:

1) open a new document using the menu item "File > New..."

2) Choose the category "Basic" on the left, then "Blank" from the available selections:

User uploaded file

2) In order to facilitate entering the date and time, I suggest creating a single-cell table, then entering the formula =now(). To do this, do the following:

click and hold on cell A2 in the table (until you see the cell "lift" off the table.

User uploaded file

Drag the cell above your table on the screen.

you should see a new table like this:

User uploaded file

Double click the text "Table 2", then update the text so is reads "TimeStamp" (it's just a name so it's not real important). select cell A1 in the "TimeStamp" table, then type

=now()

shorthand for this is

A1=now()

User uploaded file

Now in the original table, name the columns as "Date", "Systolic", "Diastolic", and "Notes"... like this:

User uploaded file

now make the notes column wide by select the column for Notes (column D). To do this click the "D" at the very top of the column.

Now open the table formatter by clicking the "Format" button at the top right, then selecting the "Table" segment:

User uploaded file

now adjust the value for the "Column" width at the bottom as needed

to enter the date in a row, select the cell in the table "TimeStamp" then select the menu item "Edit > Copy" (or use the key combination <command> + c)

now select the cell where you want to put the date/time, then select the menu item "Edit > Paste Formula Results"

now enter the reading as notes

Is there a simple blood pressure template for Numbers 3.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.