Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my airport express now has a orange blinking light

My airport express now has an orange blinking light. I got it after I simply plugged in my ethernet to my laptop for a faster internet speed. Now it has been blinking for a few hours. The network shows up but theres no internet at all. Please Help! Thanks

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 1:27 PM

Reset the express to factory settings and redo its setup.

If your laptop is a mac and the Express is right next to it.. there will be no improvement in internet speed.. that is not the way you make improvements.

Both will receive the same wireless signal.. so the Express needs to be located in a good signal location and either setup to extend wireless thus giving the Laptop better signal or you can plug in via long ethernet cord or using in wall wiring.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 1:27 PM in response to Eclipsestarkiller13

Reset the express to factory settings and redo its setup.

If your laptop is a mac and the Express is right next to it.. there will be no improvement in internet speed.. that is not the way you make improvements.

Both will receive the same wireless signal.. so the Express needs to be located in a good signal location and either setup to extend wireless thus giving the Laptop better signal or you can plug in via long ethernet cord or using in wall wiring.

my airport express now has a orange blinking light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.