Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting this error message: Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi?

I've just updated Logic Pro and all of a sudden my lexicon alpha interface is not working properly. I'm getting this error message: Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi. Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device. Help

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 6:59 PM

Start by making sure the project settings in Logic are set properly - I think the lexicon only supports 44.1 or 48.

If there is software used to setup up the lexicon make sure the sample rate is set to the same as logic.

Sometimes just power off and on the lexicon solves the issue...

If none of the above help - make sure you are using an aggregate audio device or multi-out (OS X )

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 6:59 PM in response to big_alwhite

Start by making sure the project settings in Logic are set properly - I think the lexicon only supports 44.1 or 48.

If there is software used to setup up the lexicon make sure the sample rate is set to the same as logic.

Sometimes just power off and on the lexicon solves the issue...

If none of the above help - make sure you are using an aggregate audio device or multi-out (OS X )

User uploaded file

Feb 7, 2016 7:11 PM in response to big_alwhite

Use your backups....

You can then roll back the whole system..... via Recovery

OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support

or retrieve a single file... via Time Machine's interface or via Finder...

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/07/11/how-view-and-restore-specific-files-time -machine/

No backups?

Not a good move... as its never IF you will ever need then but always WHEN you will need them... as you will, sooner or later.. and its invariably sooner than you expect.

Why am I getting this error message: Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.