Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use iCloud to store apps?

Hi,

Can iCloud be used to install unused applications (for me, e.g. Outlook or Note)?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 5:34 PM

9 replies

Feb 7, 2016 5:41 PM in response to Cleote

Cleote wrote:

I'm certainly glad to learn that --

My goal was to be able to offload applications that I have no use for, and consume so much space, like Outlook and Note - is that possible?

You can't store apps in iCloud. However, any apps that you delete can be re-downloaded from the App Store at not cost whenever you want. The one thing to be aware of is that, should the app be pulled from the App Store, you won't be able to download it again. You may want to download the apps to your computer through iTunes to keep a back up if you think that might be an issue.

Feb 13, 2016 3:03 PM in response to Cleote

Cleote wrote:

Thanks for the information - that would work for me but I'd like to ask another question: Can I simply send something like Outlook or Note to Trash? Any ramifications for the rest of Office?

That's not a good idea. MS Office for Mac have a number of background processes, and deleting them from the Mac can affect other MS Office components. Putting them in Trash also does not save any disk space, unless you empty Trash.

Can I use iCloud to store apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.