Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No way to delete synced photos from iPad?

I can't delete synced photos from my iPad mini 4. I tried unchecking 'Sync Photos' button at the top in iTunes and making sure there was no folders and photos being checked then clicked 'Sync' at the bottom but all photos still remain in my iPad. I also tried deleting all the synced photos in my computer including the folders they are saved in and clicked 'Sync' but still..Nothing being removed.

This is time wasting and frustrating. Anyone come up with better solutions please help me.

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, na

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:53 PM

Try syncing Photos again in iTunes, but just select an empty folder. This should overwrite whatever previously synced photos there are.

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 6:55 PM in response to Pattranid

If the instructions in steps 1-4 of the instructions below from Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support aren't working, try the method in the "Learn how to ..." link that is shown below step 4:

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

No way to delete synced photos from iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.