Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Appleworks database into iWorks

I have different lists of stuff I own that I generated under Appleworks 6. However, now with an Intel iMac, Appleworks

doesn't operate on my computer. Does iWorks/Numbers convert Appleworks databases? Is this an "importing" process?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:56 PM

Check out this thread and see if it helps:

How to import AppleWorks files into iWork?

4 replies

Feb 6, 2016 7:14 PM in response to wwplyr

Short version of the article linked by Wayne wrt AW database documents: Nothing can import AppleWorks DB or Paint documents.

If you still have access to a machine that will run AppleWorks, you can open it there (with AppleWorks and export the contents as tab separated text, which you can then paste into a Number document (or an MS Excel document if that's your preference).

Regards,

Barry.

PS: Roger's article (which is what Wayne's link will take you to) is worth reading, especially if you have other types of AW docs to convert.

B

Feb 12, 2016 11:27 AM in response to wwplyr

As reported in the OP's other thread:

Appleworks databases can be opened in LibreOffice, including version 4.3.4.1, which works in OS X Lion, the version of OS X used by the OP. It opens as a spreadsheet.

The data can then be Saved As as Text CSV file and then opened into another database program, such as FileMaker Pro:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7452959?answerId=29775847022#29775847022

Importing Appleworks database into iWorks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.