Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud.com event disappears when i invite someone

I use icloud calendar which I access with my iphone 6+ and windows 10 icloud.com calendar (accessed with google chrome).

My wife has a separate apple account, but is part of my "family" and my icloud.com calendar is setup so that I can view and edit both my calendar and her calendar.

My problem is that if I create an event using MY calendar using icloud.com calendar, and send her an invitation, the event disappears in MY calendar - yet I can see it in her calendar. Even if she accepts the invitation, it makes no difference.

It seems as though if I create the event in iphone 6+, this issue does not occur - just in icloud.com calendar.

I have looked at the settings and selected Defaults: Add events & invitations to my calendar so this is becoming quite frustrating.

Would appreciate any help on this. 🙂

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:53 PM

4 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:01 AM in response to amcquade

Resolved by checking these issues:

1) iCloud date preferences different to local devices, so calendar items were only seeming to disappear but were actually being allocated to a different time - due to time zone changes.

2) Multiple devices connecting to iCloud. Somehow the synch had become corrupt, so i reset all local devices by deleting iCloud from them and starting over.

Hope this helps!

Al

Feb 13, 2016 6:51 PM in response to amcquade

Thanks for the input.

My iPhone 6+ and iPad 3 have the latest firmware 9.2.1

I can confirm the following timezones:

iPhone 6+: Set to "Automatic" which sets itself to Perth.

iPad 3 (2012 model): Set to "Automatic" which sets itself to Perth.

icloud.com timezone and region: Perth - Australia (Australian Western Standard Time)

So it seems as though my timezone settings are up to date.

To clarify further: It's when I make a meeting using icloud.com and invite someone, the meeting disappears from icloud.com.

if i make the meeting on my ipad or iphone, it seems to be ok. it's just that I use icloud.com to make my meetings as I work in front of a computer a lot and it's so much easier.

icloud.com event disappears when i invite someone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.