Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cd music transfer

I would like to know how to transfer my cd music from my iPad/Laptop to my iPhone 5s. Purchased music transferred but not the cd music I put in my iTunes playlists.

iPad Air

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:20 PM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 10:05 PM in response to Brendan5048

Brendan5048 wrote:

I would like to know how to transfer my cd music from my iPad/Laptop to my iPhone 5s.

This appears to be a two part question:

1. How do I transfer CD music from my iPad to my iPhone 5S?
  2. How do I transfer CD music from my laptop to my iPhone 5S?

Question 1 cannot be accomplished, as CD music cannot transfer from an iPad to anything. It is assumed your CD music is stored elsewhere on a computer (e.g., iTunes).

Question 2 can be accomplished. But the prerequisites are:

• The CD music must be in iTunes on your computer.
  • Your iTunes version must be current enough to communicate to your iPhone 5S. (Current iTunes is 12.3.2.)

If you meet the prerequisites, follow the instructions from LACAllen above.

Feb 6, 2016 10:09 PM in response to Brendan5048

The sync between your iPad and iTunes does not transfer any purchased music.

If you are wanting 2 playlists synced, both have to be checked in iTunes before the sync. If those playlists contain purchased music, it will not transfer that. It should however, transfer any of your "ripped" content. Assuming iTunes finds it in the same place it was when you imported those "ripped" tracks to iTunes.

In iTunes, do you have these settings? Under Settings > Music

User uploaded file

I am only syncing 1 playlist and it contains 23 tracks/songs.

cd music transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.