Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split screen for ipad air 1st gen

Dears,

Is apple already working on bringing on split screen view for ipad air 1st gen. I'm eagerly waiting for this feature in my ipad air. If you know answer, please reply.

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 6:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2016 6:59 PM in response to naveen1116

This is the support communities which we are all users just like yourself. This is not Apple. Currently split screen is not a feature for the iPad Air 1st Gen. No one knows or can speculate on Apple's future offering on this forum as it agains the Terms of Use. You should call Apple if you wanted this question answered by them. There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Feb 6, 2016 7:36 PM in response to naveen1116

Generally speaking without speculation, when Apple release a new OS with new features and Apple releases some of these features for certain iDevice models, those iDevice models that were excluded from those features, stay excluded.

iPad 2 users never got OR will ever get Siri Voice activation and the last two releases of iOS have excluded cool, new features from older iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st Gen iPad Air models.

The older the iDevice the less new features these devices get and whatever really latest and greatest cool features that the newer iDevice models get, older iDevices will continue to be excluded from those previous AND new, more powerful features.

I wouldn' t hold my breath waiting for the split screen feature to be made available for your 1st generation iPad Air based solely on past Apple practices.

Sorry.

Split screen for ipad air 1st gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.