Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 is not scrolling

I just bought a Magic Mouse 2, and when I slide my finger(s) across it as directed to scroll, it doesn't scroll vertically or horizontally. I have read instructions, watched videos... nothing. Checked the settings and all. Please help me fix it!

MacBook Air, Magic Mouse 2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:06 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:01 AM in response to sepowers51409

Hi there sepowers51409,

It sounds like your Magic Mouse 2 is not scrolling at all when you swipe a single finger up or down across the top of the mouse. First I would check to see if perhaps the scrolling speed is set to the minimum, which might make it appear as though scrolling isn't working.

Change the way your mouse works

Do you have another computer to test with to help us isolate and troubleshoot the issue? Remember to un-pair it from the current computer if you do, so that there aren't any complications when you test it out.

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

From: Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

If you do not have another Mac to test this then I would:

1. Un-pair the mouse with the steps above

2. Remove the batteries

3. Reset the PRAM on your computer

4. Put the batteries back into the mouse

5. Pair it and test the scrolling again.

If the issue persists can you create a new admin user or test this out in another user you might have on the computer?

OS X El Capitan: Set up users on your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes!

Magic Mouse 2 is not scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.