Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unavailable music

When I went to iTunes Match I thought it was going to be a good thing. Not so much. iTunes has defaulted most of my music back to an 8 year old apple id and password that no longer exists for any music purchased during the time I was using that name. There is no way I can authorize that email address as it doesn't exist anywhere. Everything was fine before joining Match. Does anyone know a way around this? I can't even burn it to a disc to reload. Some of the music was imported from CD's I no longer have. This is a disaster!

Thanks

Mac mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 7:03 AM in response to Diane1349

Hi, Diane1349.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand you recently upgraded to iTunes Match and now are running into an issue with music purchased with an old Apple ID. Since you know longer have access to that email account, try the reset option that references answering your security questions.

If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you are still unable to reset the password for this old Apple ID, please reach out to us via the Get more help section for further assistance.

Cheers

Unavailable music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.