Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume won't turn all the way down

Device: iPod 5th Gen

iOS: 9.2

On my sound effects page, the volume turns down to the last tick, but it won't go to full mute so it makes sound effects like the camera sound every time I take a picture. I have tried factory resetting it and it's still stuck at the 1st tick mark. I didn't have this issue while I had iOS 8 installed. The issue only occurred once I upgraded to iOS 9/started using Apple Beta

iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 12:57 AM

Do you now have a beta installed?

You were asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement when signing up for the beta program:

CUSTOMER SEED AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT

OSX Beta Program FAQs>

The NDA prohibits you from discussing software beta issues here or anywhere else. The two documents above describe how to submit problem reports to Apple.

Issues with pre-release i.e. beta software should be discussed in the appleseed forums and not here. The majority of people here do not have access to the beta software and Apple themselves do not actively participate in these user forums.

You should also be using the Apple Feedback tool included in the beta software

Otherwise:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 12:57 AM in response to IrradiantR

Do you now have a beta installed?

You were asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement when signing up for the beta program:

CUSTOMER SEED AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT

OSX Beta Program FAQs>

The NDA prohibits you from discussing software beta issues here or anywhere else. The two documents above describe how to submit problem reports to Apple.

Issues with pre-release i.e. beta software should be discussed in the appleseed forums and not here. The majority of people here do not have access to the beta software and Apple themselves do not actively participate in these user forums.

You should also be using the Apple Feedback tool included in the beta software

Otherwise:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Feb 12, 2016 8:39 AM in response to lllaass

No I'm not using the Beta software.

I discontinued my subscription to the beta updates and updated to iOS9.2.1 because of separate issues I was having, but I came upon this issue before I started using the beta software.

I tried your 1st suggestion and it didn't work and I tried resetting all settings and I'm still not having any luck.

I don't have any backups of my device saved and I've already restored factory settings and wiped all the data from the device and I still have the same issue.

Volume won't turn all the way down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.