Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2011 Macbook Pro won't boot up, shows pink display with logo

User uploaded file

Hi, my macbook froze out of the blue this morning, and I was unable to power it down normally so I forced a hard power down by pushing the power button until it turned off. Since then, every time I try to turn it on, it is pink and the display is fragmented with lines running across (see picture) and the progress bar does not pass halfway. On a few attempts, it went from the halfway mark on the progress bar to a full white screen. I have tried:

-resetting the NVRAM

(which caused it to boot up pink once again, but it DID suddenly turn into a solid blue screen, but I ended up forcing a power down again after it remained solid blue for 10+ minutes).

-a safe boot

(which seems to do nothing, it merely causes the macbook to boot up pink as mentioned earlier.)

-a SMC reset

(which initated the pink boot up system, but then switched to a black screen after the halfway mark on the progress bar).

Annoyingly enough, my macbook is almost a year out of applecare. Is there any solution that you guys may know of? However, I have a couple files on the hard drive that I CANNOT lose so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the files.

(which absolutely does nothing, the screen boots up ink

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 8:22 PM

4 replies

Early 2011 Macbook Pro won't boot up, shows pink display with logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.