Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check apps compatibility after upgrading to iOS 9.2.1.?

How to check apps compatibility after upgrading to iOS 9.2.1. on iPhone 6S?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 8:53 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2016 9:50 PM in response to gail from maine

I upgraded the OS of my iPhone 6S to 9.2.1. Since then its hangs & restarts on its own. I have done a couple of restores & all that was prescribed in the forum but nothing worked. Yesterday, I was reviewing the battery usage & found that one particular app which is introduced by my network provider to check loyalty benefits had been using the battery for 8 hours in the background & I suspected that it was not upgraded to support iOS 9 at all. So i uninstalled it this morning & my phone now seems to be operating fine.

I would like to check if there are anymore apps that are not compatible with iOS 9 or 9.2.1. & get rid of them so I don's need to suffer again & again with an iPhone that hangs every now & then because of non-compatible apps.

Feb 7, 2016 6:57 AM in response to ahamedrzk

There is no list like that. Every app developer is independently responsible for upgrading (or not) their software to be compatible with current iOS versions. Since there are hundreds of thousands of apps in the app store, and since in many cases, you are talking about apps that are 3rd party apps (like the one from your network provider), you would have to do the monitoring on that.

Typically, an incompatible app simply won't run once an update has been done.

I would suggest that whatever the issue with the app your network provider had installed on your device, that the experience is an exception rather than a rule.

Best of luck,

GB

How to check apps compatibility after upgrading to iOS 9.2.1.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.