Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving arrangement markers in the main window in Logic 10.2.1

It is pain staking whenever you have made a two bar Prechorus and you realize you need four bars instead but, you can't make them move without making the following one disappear and if you drag the last one it just sits there. I think once I was able to move them as the manual said you do a few version ago. however, now in the Logic help section I have yet to locate the page.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.0.x), Mid 2015 Quad 2.8 i7 1000 with 16

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 7:43 PM

8 replies

Feb 7, 2016 9:21 AM in response to Indyuser

opt +shift and you can drag the front or back part of the marker to shorter it or elongate it.

Opt + Drag moves Right edge of marker.,. Opt + Shift moves Left edge of Marker...

User uploaded file

It's worth pointing out this is a functionality that wasn't present in older versions of LPX.... (added in 10.2.1) and very useful it is too..

For anyone interested.. Eli Krantzberg on Groove3 ..has done an excellent series of videos on all the changes in 10.2.1 including a few of the undocumented ones..

https://www.groove3.com/logic-pro-training-video-tutorials/Logic-Pro-X-10.2.1-Up date-Explained

Well worth the $15 for a month's access to this series plus everything else on the Groove3 website...

This along with Edgars wonderful and free iBook/PDF....

Free Book: "Logic Pro X - What's New in 10.2.1"

..and you are set to go.. 🙂

Feb 7, 2016 9:31 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

One other undocumented (at least not that i could find..) change in markers..

When using the Global Arrangement, in the past, if you moved/resized Markers it altered everything in the arrangement below which wasn't always a 'good idea'™

Now you can decouple this from the arrangement..by using the Suspending Content Connection... function so that doesn't happen... via a little drop down menu...

User uploaded file

moving arrangement markers in the main window in Logic 10.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.