Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging stuck on 40 percentage

when I charge my phone the iphone shows the battery percentage indicator but the battery is not increasing.

It will be stuck to whatever the no. is on the display of battery.

- after restarting I get the battery percentage increasing but not every time this thing works.

- when I do a hard reset(home+power button) then the battery percentage comes really down like from 25% to only 8%.

-when I try to connect my phone with my pc the phone usb not recognized

- sometimes when I use my phone while charging the battery percentage will not increase.

-sometimes when i put my phone on charging when the battery is below 10% then, the phone gets restart again and again.

-when the battery is totally 0 and then i try to charge it up, the phone sometimes does not start and shows the red indicator on the screen but will not turn on.

- facing this issue from past 1 week. currently on ios 9.2.1

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:42 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 9:27 AM in response to thariq5

Hello thariq5,

It seems like your phones charge indicator isn't updating like it should and your phone is becoming less stable. Forcing it to restart with the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons is where I would have started. I would next quit all the running apps on the phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups
If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

charging stuck on 40 percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.