Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iTunes open anymore in Windows 7?

iTunes used to work for me all the time. In fact, it popped up when I didn't want it to! Now, it doesn't.

I click it - no result

I double-click it - no result

I triple-click it - no result

I click it a million times - no friggin' result!!

I haven't done anything to it; no updates, no unpinning from the taskbar, whatever! Nothing! Other than 'x'ing it out, nothing! Please help! I want to put the music files into it so I can transfer it to my iPhone (which I've done a million times).

Dell Laptop-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:10 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 10:06 AM in response to MissyManchester

Hi MissyManchester,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like iTunes doesn't launch when you click the icon. You can find some troubleshooting steps for this situation in Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows.

First, use the following method from the link above to see if iTunes launches in safe mode:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

When you open iTunes in Safe Mode, you isolate the program from any interference caused by plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple. To start iTunes in safe mode, hold down the Shift and Control keys on your keyboard while you open iTunes.

You'll see a message as iTunes is starting that says "iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

If the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode, remove any third-party plug-ins.

Sincerely.

Why won't iTunes open anymore in Windows 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.