Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery

Today I installed a recommended OS update on my MacBook Air. When I tried to turn it back on, it was unresponsive. I tried pressing Command+Shift+Option+Start, and it eventually came on, but it was flashing a gray file with a question mark. I proceeded to take it to recovery mode by pressing Command+R, but was unable to fully recover my Mac. I could not recover the disk or reinstall OS X. Is there anything else I can do, or do I have to take it to a technician?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:38 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:40 AM in response to daltew22

Hi there daltew22,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

I see your Mac isn't starting up and you've tried to recover the disk or reinstall OS X. If OS X Recovery doesn't work then your Mac may need service, but there are other steps you can try first.

I recommend going through the steps in If a flashing question mark appears when you start your Mac, which will take you through the different methods of repairing or reinstalling OS X.

Sincerely.

Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.