Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid of those frequent and annoying reminder about my iCloud Music Library session?

I get a constant barrage of notification saying, "Your iCloud Music session has expired. To reconnect, sign in with your Apple ID" The only options are to click "Cancel" or the red ball to close the window—within a short time it pops up again.

I went to Systems Preferences and clicked on "iCloud". Under "Options" I see which apps store documents and data in iCloud, but iTunes is not among them, nor is any music-related app. When I click the checked box by "iCloud Drive" I get a warning that, "If you turn off iCloud Drive, all documents stored in iCloud will be deleted from this Mac."

I have no interest in using iCloud and have never attempted to create a music session. That warning strikes fear in me because I have no idea what documents are stored in iCloud.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1067 M

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 9:44 PM

10 replies

Feb 7, 2016 1:37 PM in response to phidgety

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Mobile Documents. The documents stored in iCloud will be there.

Feb 8, 2016 6:39 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric,

I'm a little confused about your use of the slash marks. When you wrote user/home folder and library/mobile, does that mean both words are used or perhaps just one and that varies depending on device or operating system?

I fumbled my way through and tried variations in interpreting your instructions. Finally, I looked again at the Apple Support site and found this (as yet unproven) approach:

• open System Preferences

• click on iCloud

• deselect the box for Reminders

Time will tell if I get more of the notifications.

Feb 10, 2016 9:58 PM in response to Eric Root

On my iMac I found a folder named "Users", inside were 3 folders:

• "Guest"

• a Home folder (an icon of a house with my name on it)

• "Shared

The only one of these with a Library folder was "Shared". The only item within "Library" was "Application Support", and contains nothing.

Inside my Home folder I did find "Music", inside that was "iTunes", inside that was "iTunes Media" and inside that was "Mobile Applications", but nothing inside that looked to be relevant.

I searched for "mobile documents" but none of those listed was a folder.

Feb 11, 2016 6:05 AM in response to phidgety

Go to Finder Preferences, then select the Sidebar tab. Under Favorites, at the bottom, check the house.

User uploaded file

In the Finder Sidebar, select the house. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library and then Mobile Documents.

Feb 11, 2016 9:04 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks again Eric for your patience and perseverance,

I went to Finder Preferences, selected Sidebar Tab, found all Favorites were already checked (tried the ensuing steps both with all Favorites checked and with only the hose checked, got same results), selected View and saw View Options, but nothing about Library Folder.

User uploaded file

Then looked under "Go" and found Library under Recent Folders.

User uploaded file

The top two boxes were not checked, so I tried the steps with them checked. I went to my house/home folder and as before the only item with a Library folder was Shared and the only item inside that was Application Support and it is empty.

Sorry to be such a pain in the keister.

How can I get rid of those frequent and annoying reminder about my iCloud Music Library session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.