Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Desktop-fails at times

I use this software in support of a lab of 30 Mac Minis in a school setting. I will enter screen shares, but the screen shares don't always last. In the middle of sharing the share will stop. I also at times can't move the mouse to the top of the screen to end a screen control/share.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 6, 2016 10:05 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:03 AM in response to gmorone

Hi gmorone,

If you are having connection issues with Apple Remote Desktop and the Macs in your classroom, be sure to update the software to the latest version for your operating system. Your profile indicates OS X 10.7.4 - is that still correct?

If you are using OS X Lion, have you updated the Apple Remote Desktop 3.7.2 Admin?

System Requirements

• OS X Lion 10.7
  • OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
  • OS X Mavericks 10.9

Also, there are some new tools on the horizon for educators: The best classroom experience is about to get better.

If you are interested in learning more about these education features, send us an email at educationpreview@apple.com. Let us know if you’d like more technical information, want details on how to test iOS 9.3 in your school, or would like an Apple Education representative to contact you.​

Take care,

Apple Remote Desktop-fails at times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.